Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chemical is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable & uncountable) A chemical is a basic substance that is used in or produced by mixing elements or other chemicals.
- When you burn plastics, you put dangerous chemicals into the air.
- The chemical industry in China is producing more and more useful paints, glues, and other products.
- (usually before a noun) Of or about chemicals.
- This test can detect small changes in the chemical composition of water.