- together is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /tʊˈgɛð.ə(ɹ)/ or /təˈgɛð.ə(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /tU"gED.@(r\)/ or /t@"gED.@(r\)/
- (US) IPA: /tʊˈgɛðɚ/, SAMPA: /tU"gED@`/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Near; close; in the same place; not far; in a family or group.
- I put all the books about food together on one shelf.
- Putting parts of something into one thing. Organizing
- He put together a meeting.
- She put her computer back together herself.
- (slang) having your thoughts straight. Not crazy.