Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /s(j)uːt/
- (US) IPA (key): /s(j)ut/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone(s): soot (in some dialects)
- (countable) A suit is a set of clothes that includes a coat or and pants or dress.
- Everyone wears a suit where I work.
- (countable) When a person goes to court to get money give from another person or company for some wrong done to them, it is called a suit.
- A suit is a set in a pack of cards, such as the spades, hearts, diamonds or clubs.
- If something suits you it fits you; that is, it is right for you or good for you.
- I love my new job, it suits me fine.