- (UK) IPA (key): /s(j)uːt/
- (US) IPA (key): /s(j)ut/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: soot (in some dialects)
- (countable) A suit is a set of clothes that includes a coat or and pants or dress.
- Everyone wears a suit where I work.
- (countable) A suit is a case in a court of law which concerns a dispute between two people or organizations.
- A suit is a set in a pack of cards, such as the spades, hearts, diamonds or clubs.
|hearts ♥||diamonds ♦||spades ♠||clubs ♣|
- If something suits you it fits you; that is, it is right for you or good for you.
- I love my new job, it suits me fine.