Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of inducting something.
- A formal ceremony where a person is inducted into an office or into military service
- (physics) Making an electric current by using a varying magnetic field.
- (logic) The derivation of general principles from specific instances.
- (mathematics) A proof of a theorem by first proving it for one integer and showing that if it is true for one integer then it must be true for other integers.
- The act of inducing childbirth.
- (theatre) The use of rumors to confuse and complicate the story of a play or to tell the story without giving facts.
- (biology) The development of a feature from part of a formerly homogenous field of cells in response to a morphogen whose source determines the feature's position and extent.
- (old, no longer used) An introduction.