- (countable), (singular) You use "to an extent" to explain how true something is or how much it happens.
- The US and, to a lesser extent, Britain have controlled the meeting.
- I think our success will depend, to a certain extent, on getting enough money.
- (countable), (singular) The extent of something is how far it goes, how much area it covers, or how much it does.
- Now he could see the full extent of the island, stretching away to the south.
- The purpose of this study was to assess the extent of alcohol use among the community college student population.
- The buildings were still burning and the extent of the damage is not yet known.