Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈmɪl.ɪ.trɪ/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈmɪl.ɪ.tɛr.i/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: mi‧li‧tary
- If something is military, it is a characteristic of people in the armed forces.
- Sick soldiers go to the military hospital.
- (US) If something is military, it is about armed forces such as the army, marines, navy, or air force.
- If something is military, it has to do with war.
- If something is military, it has to do with armies and ground troops.
- (countable) A military is armed forces.
- (US); (with "the") The military is the United States armed forces in general.
- It's not the job of the military to make policy.