Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (UK) IPA: /sɔɹs/, SAMPA: /sOr\s/
- (US) IPA: /soʊɹs/, SAMPA: /soUr\s/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- The source of some material, an idea, a product, etc. is the place it came from originally.
- Antonym: target
- XYZ company can't supply these parts anymore, so we need to find a new source.
- Church sources said four people were injured and 100 to 200 were taken away by the police.
- The paper comes primarily from British sources.
- CO2 is the main source of global warming.