Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈsɜːvɪs/, SAMPA: /"s3:vIs/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈsɝvɪs/, SAMPA: /"s3`vIs/
Audio (US) (file)
- (economics) An action or work by one person that can be consumed by another person.
- Hair care is a service industry.
- (computing) A function that is provided by one program or machine for another.
- This machine provides the name service for the LAN.
- The military.
- I did three years of service before coming here.
- A set of dishes or utensils.
- She brought out the silver tea service.
- The act of initially starting, or serving, the ball in play in tennis, volleyball, and other games.
- The player had four service faults in the set.
- A religious rite or ritual.
- The funeral service was good.
- (law) The serving, or delivery, of a document requiring someone to appear in a court of law.
- The service happened yesterday.
- (public service) That which is provided by the government or its agents.
- The Job Centre provides a service to the unemployed.
- If you service something, you serve them.
- They service the customer base.
- If you service something, you perform maintenance on them.
- He is going to service the car.