Wiktionary:Simple talk/Archive 10
- That's because WT:RFA has been created. On the other hand, WT:Requests for adminship doesn't work since WT does not redirect to Wiktionary. Pmlineditor ∞ 10:16, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- If so, then it is ok for me to redirect this WT. --Barras (talk) 10:19, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- I concur. This sounds like a decent idea to me. Chees, Razorflame 10:27, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ditto, this is a good idea. Tempodivalse [talk] 14:24, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
Prefixes and suffixes[change]
Hello there all. I would like to ask what the community thinks about starting to include some additional information, such as prefixes and suffixes of words.
On the word superpower, it would be written as follows:
It will display:
[[super-]] + [[power]]
- Surely a good idea. Do we add this to the pronunciation section? --Barras talk 17:02, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
- The is a bug. I see: "super- + power[[Category:Template:language words prefixed with super-]]" ...not what was intended -- I think. --Jared (talk) 20:13, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
No, there is no etymology section. Such information is far too complex to convey briefly and simply. If people want etymologies, they're very welcome to go to the en.wiktionary. Frankly, when hardly anybody's even adding the meat and potatoes of real words and definitions, I can't understand why anybody would propose adding an etymology section. Both super and power can go in Related words.--Brett (talk) 20:55, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, then. I just thought that it might be a good idea. Apparently not. Sorry for trying, Razorflame 20:57, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
- I believe that this kind of thing would be nothing but beneficial for the Simple English Wiktionary, so I would say, please go ahead and create it into the Wiktionary space because it would be a great thing for the Wiktionary. Razorflame 23:05, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
Unless things have changed, you aren't able to upload audio files here. It makes more sense to me to post requests on a site where they can actually be uploaded. Since we get all our audio files from Commons, you might want to try Commons:Audio and video requests (although I don't know how much traffic it gets and what kind of turnaround you should expect). · Tygrrr... 20:55, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to see a completed dictionary with names only...
- Please see the English Wiktionary for this. They currently have several appendices for both male and female given names. Please view those if you want to see a completed dictionary with names only. Furthermore, I highly doubt that any single dictionary would just be a dictionary of names because it probably wouldn't be of much interest to people because of how limited its' use would be. Cheers, Razorflame 00:59, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi there. After reviewing Carsracbot's recent changes here, I believe that this bot is making correct changes now. I therefore believe that it should regain its' bot bit. Maybe there is a bureaucrat out there who can do that? Cheers, Razorflame 01:02, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
- Done - I've reviewed most of the last 100 edits. I couldn't find a fault and granted the bot status. -Barras talk 08:29, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Dear sir/madam, My question is that how can study in university can help us in life?
sir, how can be find meaning of acadeic words
Archived from Wiktionary:Bot policy[change]
- Does any one has objections against this request of one of the burocrates here?? Carsrac (talk) 16:42, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Carsrac (talk) 16:42, 9 November 2009 (UTC)