Jump to navigation Jump to search
- star is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A star is a bright thing in the sky at night.
- Stars seem little, but they are big and far away.
- (countable) A star is a picture of a shape with five or six sharp ends.
- My teacher put a gold star on my test.
- (countable) A star is a celebrity.
- Brad Pitt is a popular star.
- (countable) A star is an actor who has the lead role in a movie, television show, or play.
- John Wayne is the star of many western movies.
- (printing/countable) A star is an asterisk (*).
- A star next to your name on the guest list means you will receive an award.
- If you star in something, you are on of the main performers, usually in an entertainment program.
- Brad Pitt will star in another movie next year.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie starred in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".
- If you star something, you mark it with a star or asterisk.
- I starred question one because I got it correct.
|The Solar System (edit)|
|Planets||Mercury • Venus • Earth • Mars • Jupiter • Saturn • Uranus • Neptune|
|Dwarf planets||Ceres • Eris • Pluto|
|Small solar system bodies||asteroid belt • comets • Kuiper belt • meteors • Oort cloud • scattered disc|
|Other||moon • moons|