|← 0||1||2 →||10 →|
| Cardinal: one|
Number of musicians: solo
- (ordinal number) Happening or coming before all other similar things or people.
- I don't like the job much at first.
- She always puts her children first.
- I have no older brothers. I was the first child.
- The most important or best.
- Your first duty is to your family.
Related words and phrases[change]
- Before anyone/anything else.
- He does a little teaching, but first and foremost he's a writer.
- First (of all), I should say that we're happy to see you all here today.
- First off, let's see how much it'll cost.
- He was the fastest in class and usually finished everything first.
- For the first time.
- I first went to Japan in 1994.
- At first.
- When we were first married, everything was wonderful.
- (countable) A first is something that has not happened before.
- A dog walking on stilts? Well, that is a first.