Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When someone feels sad, they have a bad feeling because of a loss or other problem. They are not happy.
- Synonyms: unhappy, gloomy, miserable, cheerless, depressed, down, glum, low, blue, melancholy and downcast
- Antonyms: happy, jovial, content, contented, pleased, delighted, glad, joyful, cheerful, in high spirits, blissful, exultant, ecstatic, cheery, on cloud nine, jolly, smiling and merry
- The sad girl cried.
- When something is sad, it makes you feel unhappy.
- Synonyms: depressing, heartbreaking, distressing, heartrending, gloomy, dismal, disappointing, desolate and dreary
- It was a sad movie.
- Death is a very sad thing.