Jump to navigation Jump to search
- loss is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) A loss happens when something goes where people can't find it. People don't know where the thing is or they don't have it any more.
- Antonym: gain
- The loss of my keys means I can't go into my house today.
- Loss is when someone's loved one dies. When someone dies, they are no longer with you.
- I loss both of my grandparents from old age.
- (baseball) A loss (shown as L) is charged to the pitcher of the losing team.