Jump to navigation Jump to search
- happy is part of the Basic English 850.
- When you feel happy, you feel positive, usually because something nice has happened.
- He was happy.
- Causing happiness.
- Her room is happy.
- It was a happy chance that they met there.
- (feeling positive) content, contented, pleased, glad, joyful, cheerful, in high spirits, blissful, exultant, ecstatic, rhapsodic, delighted, cheery, jovial, on cloud nine
- (causing happiness) cheerful, cheery, cheering, satisfying, uplifting, heartening
- (lucky) lucky, fortunate, favorable or favourable, opportune
- (feeling positive) sad, unhappy, discontent, discontented, unpleased, joyless, cheerless, in low spirits, depressed, gloomy, miserable, dismal, sombre
- (causing happiness) sad, depressing, gloomy, miserable, cheerless, distressing, heartbreaking, heart-rending, poignant, moving, sombre, disheartening
- (lucky) unhappy, unlucky, unfortunate, unfavorable or unfavourable, inopportune, fateful, ill-fated, doomed, star-crossed, ill-starred, ill-omened, inauspicious