Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈhæpi/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈhæpiː/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: hap‧py
- When you feel happy, you feel good, usually because something nice has happened.
- Synonyms: content, contented, pleased, glad, joyful, cheerful, in high spirits, blissful, exultant, ecstatic, rhapsodic, delighted, cheery, jovial and on cloud nine
- Antonyms: sad, unhappy, discontent, discontented, unpleased, joyless, cheerless, in low spirits, depressed, gloomy, miserable, dismal and sombre
- He was happy.
- A happy situation or event makes people happy.
- Synonyms: cheerful, cheery, cheering, satisfying, uplifting and heartening
- Antonyms: sad, depressing, gloomy, miserable, cheerless, distressing, heartbreaking, heart-rending, poignant, moving, sombre and disheartening
- It's such a happy day when we can be together again.
- Synonyms: lucky, fortunate, favorable, favourable and opportune
- Antonyms: unhappy, unlucky, unfortunate, unfavorable, unfavourable, inopportune, fateful, ill-fated, doomed, star-crossed, ill-starred, ill-omened and inauspicious
- It was a happy chance that they met there.