Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈkɒm.baɪn/, SAMPA: /"kQm.baIn/
- (US) enPR: käm'bīn, IPA (key): /ˈkɑm.baɪn/, SAMPA: /"kAm.baIn/
- (transitive & intransitive) If you combine two or more things, you put them together.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup white sugar and cinnamon.
- Her new book combines elements of similar stories told throughout eastern North America.
- All of these factors combine to create a system that is difficult to understand.
- (transitive) If something combines two or more things, it has both/all of them.
- This is a world that combines the old with the new.
- (countable) A combine is a large farm vehicle the cuts grain and separates the seeds.