Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Divorce is the legal ending of a marriage.
- Did you know that Richard and Sarah got a divorce?
- A separation of connected things.
- There is a geographic divorce between the United States and Mexico.
- (transitive) To divorce is to legally end a marriage between two people.
- The captain of a ship can marry couples, but cannot divorce them.
- (transitive) If you divorce someone, you end your marriage to them.
- Lucy divorced Steve when she found that he had been unfaithful.
- (transitive) To separate something that was connected.
- The smaller group voted to divorce itself from the larger one.
- (intransitive) To get a legal divorce.
- Edna and Simon divorced last year; he got the house, and she got the business.