- A club is an organisation of people who share a similar sport, interest, or hobby.
- He was a member of his high school drama club.
- Every town in Europe has its own football club.
- A club is a place where people go to drink, dance, talk and listen to music.
- Synonym: nightclub
- I didn't get home from the club until 2:30 in the morning; it was so much fun.
- A club is a place where members go to do sports or exercise.
- Synonym: gym
- I try to work out at the gym club three days a week.
- A club is a heavy stick used to hit things or people.
- Synonym: nightstick
- The police in London used to carry clubs instead of guns.
- A club is a suit in playing cards. It is a black design with a base and three round leaves. (See also heart, spade, diamond)
- (transitive) If you club a person or an animal, you hit them with something big and heavy.
- They clubbed him to death with a baseball bat.
- (intransitive); (usually clubbing) If you go clubbing, you go to a club to dance, drink, and meet people.
- She enjoys going clubbing with friends in Oxford every Friday.