Jump to navigation Jump to search
Third person singular
- (transitive & intransitive) If you hit someone or something, then you touch them hard and fast.
- The bully got suspended for hitting the boy in the face.
- The red car was turning when the blue car hit it.
- The past tense and past participle of hit.
- If you hit on someone, you flirt with them.
- I'm just gonna be hitting on chicks tonight
- A punch.
- The hit almost knocked me out.
- A great success, especially in the entertainment industry.
- His new musical comedy was a hit with audiences and critics.
- He had so many hits last year that he was elected to the Musical Comedy Hall of Fame.