Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also bible
- (uncountable) The Bible is name of the holy text of Christians consisting of a collection of writings of both Jews, called the Old Testament, and Christians, called the New Testament. (This is always spelled with capital B).
- The Bible tells stories of God, Jesus Christ, and good and bad people.
- (uncountable) The holy writings of the Jewish tradition, called the Old Testament, are called The Bible. (This is always spelled with capital B).
- (countable) A Bible or Bibles refer to copies of The Bible. This is always spelled with capital B).
- (informal) A book that is like the Bible but may be about another religion or is not religious. Often, this means a book that tells everything you need to know about something. Sometime this is used in a title to make a book sound very good.
- The Koran is the Muslim Bible.
- Anton LaVey wrote a book called "The Satanic Bible," for his new religion called Satanism.
- We need a history Bible to help us pass our class.