Jump to navigation Jump to search
- old is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /əʊld/, SAMPA: /@Uld/
- (US) enPR: ōld, IPA (key): /oʊld/, SAMPA: /oUld/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- If someone or something is old, they are not young; they have been in existence for a long time.
- Antonym: young
- An old man has gray hair.
- How old someone is, is their age.
- "Ashley, how old are you?" "I'm only 16 years old."
- (not before a noun) Your old school, boss, address, etc. is one that you no longer use or are no longer together with.
- I didn't have many friends at my old school.