Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) The title of a book, movie, song, etc. is its name.
- "I just finished the best book." "Really, what's the title?"
- (countable) A title is a word or name that describes a person's job or status.
- His title was Director of Science Education.
- The proper title for an unmarried woman is "Miss".
- A title is a legal document that proves you own something.
- He put the title to his house in a bank for safe keeping.
- To give a title to someone or something.
- I titled my essay "The History of Japan".