Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈpiːpəl/, SAMPA: /"pi:p@l/
- (US) IPA: /ˈpipl/ or /ˈpipl̩/, SAMPA: /"pip@l/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A people is a group of men, women, and children with a shared culture, history, and language.
- Although Lebanon and Syria are two countries they are one people.
- This people shares some characteristics with the aborigines.
- (transitive); (usually passive) If a place is peopled, people live there.
- It's a wonderful country peopled with amazing cooks and dancers.
- (transitive) If you people a story, movie, etc. you fill it with people.
- He liked to people his books with simple folk.