Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also god
- (UK) enPR: gŏd, IPA: /ɡɒd/, SAMPA: /gQd/
- (US) IPA: /ɡɑd/, SAMPA: /gAd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- God is the single god of a religion and the maker of the earth and everything that exists.
- In Hinduism, the followers believe in numerous gods. In Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, the followers believe in only one God.
- The Bible says that God created the world in six days and rested the seventh day.
- I love God and the Bible and I know he's real, because of everything and everyone that he created.
- Capital letter
- God normally has a capital letter at the start if there is only one God (God has a capital letter because it is used like a person's name). When talking about several gods, a small (lowercase) letter starts the word.
- God and Goddess
- God can be either male or female, but when talking about a female god, then the term goddess is often used instead.
- "God" is used when a person is surprised. Some people do not like to use this phrase, as they think this is blasphemy (an insult to God).
- Synonym: Lord
- Oh God, not that again!