See also god
- (UK) enPR: gŏd, IPA: /ɡɒd/, SAMPA: /gQd/
- (US) IPA: /ɡɑd/, SAMPA: /gAd/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (UK) (file)
- God is the single god of a religion and the maker of the earth and everything that exists. God has endless amount of power, kindness, and knowledge. God is real, but many people don't believe in him. Certain religions think of God differently.
- In Hinduism, the followers believe in numerous gods. In Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, the followers believe in only one God.
- The Bible says that God created the world in six days and rested the seventh day.
- I love God and the Bible and I know he's real, because of everything and everyone that he created.
- Capital letter
- God normally has a capital letter at the start if there is only one God (God has a capital letter because it is used like a person's name). When talking about several gods, a small (lowercase) letter starts the word.
- God and Goddess
- God can be either male or female, but when talking about a female god, then the term goddess is often used instead.
- "God" is used when a person is surprised. Some people do not like to use this phrase, as they think this is blasphemy (an insult to God).
- Synonym: Lord
- Oh God, not that again!