Jump to navigation Jump to search
- under is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈʌn.də(r)/, SAMPA: /"Vn.d@(r\)/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈʌn.dɚ/, SAMPA: /"Vn.d@`/
Audio (US) (file)
- In the same place as another thing, but lower.
- They ate under the trees.
- In the control of.
- Antonym: superior
- He was under the leader of the organization.
- In the middle of a process; experiencing.
- The idea is under the committee's judgement (judging).
- down under
- under construction
- under the radar
- under the weather