Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈbɒtəm/, SAMPA: /"bQt@m/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈbɑtəm/, SAMPA: /"bAt@m/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) The bottom of something is its lowest part.
- Lucy took a pen and wrote her name at the bottom of the page.
- He was wet from top to bottom.
- it was wider at the top than the bottom.
- Add wine to the pan and scrape up anything stuck to the pan bottom.
- He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked back up.
- I thought this ship was going to the bottom of the ocean.
- I dropped it in the water and it quickly sank to the bottom.
- She came downstairs and sat down on the bottom step.
- (countable) If you are at the bottom, you are at the social lowest position.
- Chicago still ranks near the bottom among major cities.
- You don't have to wait until you've hit rock bottom to get help.
- (countable) Your bottom is the round part between your legs and your back.
- She ran into the tree and sat down hard on her bottom.
- (countable) A bottom is the part of a set of clothing that you put your legs through.
- Her pink top was perfect, but I didn't like how the bottom fit.
- (sports) (countable) The bottom of an inning in baseball is its second half.
- It's the bottom of the ninth inning and the score is tied.