Jump to navigation Jump to search
- strong is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) enPR: strŏng, IPA (key): /strɒŋ/, SAMPA: /strQN/
- (US) enPR: strŏng, IPA (key): /strɑŋ/, SAMPA: /strAN/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Having big muscles; physically powerful.
- Arnold is very strong.
- Having a smell or flavor that is easy to notice.
- She wore strong perfume.
- The taste of cinnamon was strong in my drink.
- Having a specified number of people or units.
- The enemy's army force was five thousand strong.