Jump to navigation Jump to search
- stretch is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- To pull; to move one end of something as far as possible from the other end.
- He was big and the shirt was little, but he was able to stretch it and use it.
- Fill a certain place
- The Alps stretch from France to Austria.
- A stretch is when a person pulls something.
- A stretch is a length of time.
- John was stuck in jail for a ten-year stretch.
- A statement is a stretch when it is changed or exaggerated from the truth.
- That is a stretch! I do not think you are being entirely truthful to me.