Jump to navigation Jump to search
(not usually in the progressive)
- (transitive & intransitive) If you notice something, you become aware of it.
- You didn't even notice that I cut my hair.
- When the cook changed, I noticed the difference right away.
- I've looked at her a thousand times, but I'd never noticed her green eyes before.
- "Did you see the mistakes?" "No, I'm afraid I didn't notice.
- I couldn't help noticing that you look lost. Can I help?
- (uncountable) when you notice something
- She asked for help, but they took no notice of her.
- When the changed were made, we didn't take much notice.
- The mistake escaped notice for almost three years.
- (countable) A notice is a piece of paper with information or a warning.
- She sent us a notice about the change of dates.
- (uncountable) Notice is information that you give to someone.
- The shop closed without any notice.