Jump to content
- (countable) A resolution is a formal decision, often after a vote.
- The U.S. may be willing to support a Security Council resolution backing the return of inspectors to Iraq.
- (uncountable) Resolution is the amount of detail that you can see in an image.
- This camera is cheaper, but, of course, the resolution is much lower.
- (countable) A resolution is a solution to a disagreement or difficult situation.
- The school holds classes in nonviolent conflict resolution.
- (countable) A resolution is a personal decision (not) to do something.
- My New Year's resolution was to quit smoking.
- (uncountable) Resolution is the power to try even when things are difficult.
- Her resolution to be honest never weakened.