Jump to navigation Jump to search
- detail is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /ˈdiːˌteɪl/
- (US) IPA: /ˈdiˌteɪl/ or [ˈdiˌtʰeɪɫ] or /dɪˈteɪl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: de‧tail
- (countable) A detail is a small part of something that is not as important as the whole thing.
- I've written a book, but I still need to change some details in it.
- Writing your name at the top of the page is a small detail, but it's important.
- This is a very clear picture. You can see every detail.
- A detail is a job or duty.
- He's on floor-cleaning detail today.
- When someone details something, they tell all the details about it, or record the details.
- Would you please detail this project for me?