Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) If two or more things are in accord, they match or agree.
- Synonym: agreement
- Antonym: disagreement
- We are in accord that the bridge should be built.
- (countable) An accord is a formal agreement between two or more countries or groups.
- Antonym: none
- The Czech government signed an accord with the United States allowing Washington to use some Czech land for its armed forces.
- Boeing reached an accord with the Air Force to resolve the problem.
- (transitive) When two things accord with each other, they agree.
- Amy can trust him because his words accord with his actions.