Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (usually before a noun) An overall effect, strategy, picture, etc., is one that covers everything but may not go into detail.
- The play has many Christian elements, but the overall effect is not necessarily Christian.
- If you look at something overall, you look at the whole of it.
- Despite losing a few games, the team achieved greater successes overall than in previous years.
- Overall the book works well.
- Fewer people came out locally, but there was an overall greater response at a national level.
- (UK); (countable) An overall is a large, loose protective coat.
- (US); (plural only) Overalls are pants with a front that comes up to your chest and straps over your shoulders.
- (UK); (plural only) Overalls are a loose protective trouser and shirt in one.