Jump to navigation Jump to search
Objective is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- IPA: əb'dʒɛk.tɪv
- Hyphenation: ob‧jec‧tive
- (countable) An objective is something that you are trying to do.
- The main objective of our visit was to climb Mount Kenya.
- I share the objective of everyone in Britain who want our soldiers home.
- Sometimes a team is more successful than an individual in achieving challenging objectives.
- We plan to extend the network with the objective of connecting up 3 million more homes by 1990.
- (countable) An objective is a place you want to get to.
- If something is objective, it is based on facts and things we can see and touch without using people's feelings.
- It is hard to find objective measures of artistic ability.
- Newspapers try hard to publish objective stories.
- If someone is objective, they are thinking about things logically based on facts.
- Watching the play on TV can help an actor to be more objective about his performance.