Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If something is free, it does not cost money to buy.
- If something is free, it is able to go (move) anywhere easily.
- A wild bird is free to go where it likes.
- If someone or something is free, it is carefree; it does not have any responsibilities.
- When she is not at work, she is free.
- If something is free, it is not blocked.
- The drain was free of anything blocking it.
- If something or someone is free, it is not in use.
- This chair does not have anyone sitting in it. It is free.
- (social) When something is free, it has no conditions or limitations to using or being in it.
- This is a free country. You can have your own freedom of speech here.
- (transitive) If you free something or someone, you release it.
- Synonym: release
- Antonym: capture