- A block is a hard piece of material, usually with six smooth sides.
- When I was young, I liked building things with wooden blocks.
- A city block is the distance from one road to the next.
- We have to walk about three blocks to the restaurant.
- In computers, a block is a computer restriction that prevents access to something.
- I could not start a page on Wikipedia because of a block
- (transitive) If is blocking , then can't go past .
- The water in the bath won't go down. There's something blocking the drain.
- The road was blocked by police.
- Excuse me! You're blocking my view. I can't see.