Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If an animal or plant is wild it is not tame. This means it lives in nature and people have not changed it.
- Wolves and bears are wild animals.
- We found some wild berries and ate them.
- (informal) If a person (or thing) is wild they (or it) are not easy to predict, or they do not act civilized.
- She is so wild, all she does is drink and party!
- That was a wild party.
- They were playing wild music all night.
- (slang) If something is wild it is very good or very interesting.
- That is a wild shirt you have on!
- (playing cards) If a card is wild it can be used as any other card in a game.
- (slang) You can say wild to mean you like something.
- The wild (or wilds) is nature or places far from where people live.
- We were lost in the wild for a week.
- Many animals live in the wilds of Africa.