Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: rĭ-spŏn'sə-bĭlʹĭ-tē, IPA (key): /rɪˌspɒn.səˈbɪl.ɪ.ti/
- (US) IPA (key): /rɪˌspɑn.səˈbɪl.ə.di/
- SAMPA: /rI%spAns@"bIlIti/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: res‧pon‧si‧bi‧li‧ty
- (countable) A responsibility is any action which somebody trusts or expects that another person will do. Responsibilities are normally given or taken.
- Synonym: charge
- He took that responsibility upon himself.
- Looking after that pet is a big responsibility.
The phrase it is your responsibility (to) is another way to say you should or you must.