- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈfɔː.wəd/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈfɔr.wɚd/
- (AU) (NZ) IPA (key): /ˈfoːwəd/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /foːd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: foreword
- Hyphenation: for‧ward
- If something goes forward, it moves in the direction of its front, not its back.
- If something goes forward, it gets better.
- If something goes forward, it moves into the future.
- (transitive) If you forward a letter, message, etc., you send it.
- (transitive) If you forward your career, you make it more successful or better.
- (sports) A forward is a player whose position plays closer to the other team's end in games like soccer.