Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ca‧reer
- (countable) A career is a job or a series of related jobs that you do for many years.
- His pro coaching career spans 23 years, including time with the 49ers (1967-73 and' 77), the Browns (1978-80), the Oilers (1981-82), the Cowboys (1983-85) and the Cardinals (1986-89).
- She says that she enjoyed making the movie, but has no plans to pursue an acting career.
- Students need more support from teachers and advisers in deciding about academic programs and career paths.
- Don quit his old job and launched a new career, restoring classic cars in a backyard garage.
- He lost his hand in an accident, which ended his painting career.
- Career advancement is often based on job performance, not just how long you've been in the job.