Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈfɔːtʃuːn/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈfɔrtʃən/ or /ˈfɔrtʃun/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- A fortune is a very large amount of money.
- A million dollars is a fortune.
- He made a fortune selling cars.
- Fortune is chance or luck.
- Antonym: misfortune
- When we were lost, we had the good fortune to meet a postman.
- Fortune is a person's future.
- Jack went off into the world to seek his fortune.
- Fortune is often written about as if it was a person.
- Fortune smiled at me, and I won the lottery.