Jump to navigation Jump to search
- north is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: en or /nɔːθ/
Audio (UK): [no̞ːθ] (file)
- (US) IPA: /nɔɹθ/ or /noɹθ/, enPR: nôrth
Audio (US) (file)
- (AU) (NZ) IPA: /noːθ/
- North is the direction towards the top of the Earth, opposite to south; If you are looking north, the sun sets on your left.
- Canada is the biggest country in North America.
- North is the end of a magnet that points north.
- The north is the area of land north of the speaker; Also the Arctic.
- In the direction north; towards the north
- The place you want is two miles north of here.
- It's colder here because we're further north.
On this map, north is at the top.