- (UK) IPA (key): /nɔːθ/
Audio (UK): [no̞ːθ] (file)
- (US) IPA (key): /nɔrθ/ or /norθ/, enPR: nôrth
Audio (US) (file)
- (AU) (NZ) IPA (key): /noːθ/
- North is the direction towards the top of the Earth, opposite to south; If you are looking north, the sun sets on your left.
- Canada is the biggest country in North America.
- North is the end of a magnet that points north.
- The north is the area of land north of the speaker; Also the Arctic.
- In the direction north; towards the north
- The place you want is two miles north of here.
- It's colder here because we're further north.
On this map, north is at the top.
North is at the top in red.
The north end of this magnet is on the left.