Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: mŭlʹ-tĭ-plī'-ər, IPA (key): /ˈmʌltɪˌplaɪər/
- (UK) IPA (key): [ˈmʌɫ.tɪ.ˌplaɪ.ə(r)]
- (US) IPA (key): [ˈmʌɫ.tɪ.ˌplaɪ.ɚ]
- Hyphenation: mul‧ti‧pli‧er
- (arithmetic) A multiplier is a number by which another (the multiplicand) is to be multiplied.
- In the expression 5 × 7, the "5" is a multiplier.
- The score multiplier increases each time you complete a level of the video game.
- (grammar) Multiplier is an adjective used to indicate the number of times something is to be multiplied.
- English multipliers include "double" and "triple".