Jump to navigation Jump to search
- once is part of the Basic English 850.
| Cardinal: one|
Number of musicians: solo
- (indefinite) one time
- We go to the house once a year.
- She had only seen him once.
- It's nice to be understood for once.
- We get together once a month for coffee.
- Not once have I said that.
- (indefinite) at a time in the past, but not now
- It was hard to believe that once we had been friends.
- The once great city had be destroyed.
- Once I've finished cleaning up, we can leave.