Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An expectation is something you think is going to happen (something you expect to happen).
- Zeke's mother had every expectation that he would go to university after high school. So she was surprised when he told her he was joining the military instead.
- The doctors told me, "Our expectations are that these tests will not show any serious problems. But we want to do them anyway just to be safe."
- (countable) An expectation is something that a person is supposed to do, has to do, or needs to do.
- (uncountable) If you do something in expectation, you do it while waiting for something to happen (you are expecting something).