Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Taste is the sense linked to the tongue, usually when eating food. The taste is how people can enjoy their food.
- The main tastes are sweet, sour, salty and bitter.
- Wow, these chicken wings taste really good, I want some more!.
- (countable & uncountable) Someone's taste, is the kind of food, books, clothing, etc. that they like.
- She has great taste in clothes, but I don't understand her taste in men.
- (linking) The way something tastes is the sense you get when you put it in your mouth.
- This milk tastes strange. I think it's bad.
- This meat tastes like chicken. What is it?
- (transitive) If you taste something, you put it in your mouth to see if you like it.
- Here, taste this soup and tell me if it needs more salt.