Jump to navigation Jump to search
- company is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A company is an organization for doing work for money.
- He works for a big company.
- I own this company, so it's a problem for me if people don't buy what we make.
- (uncountable) Company is people who are visiting other people; people who are in other peoples' house so that they can talk to the other people, or people who are walking with other people or being somewhere with other people.
- I can't talk to you on the phone right now, because I have company. (people in the house.)
- (uncountable) When someone keeps someone else company, they stay with the person.
- Will you keep me company while I go to mail this letter?
- (military) A company' is a unit of an army, it usually consists of two or three platoons to form a battalion.