Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deviation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- Hyphenation: de‧vi‧a‧tion
- (countable & uncountable) A deviation is difference or movement away from a standard.
- They insist that there must be no deviation from that style.
- Any deviations from the contract would have to be agreed by both parties.
- (countable); (statistics) A deviation is the difference between a number and the average of a set of values.