Jump to navigation Jump to search
- value is part of the Basic English 850.
- How good a thing is; how much money someone will exchange a thing for; an amount of money.
- The value for me of this food is $100.
- Human life has very much value.
- (usually plural) A person's ideas about which things are good.
- He has strong values.
- (worth) worth, cost, price
- (importance) importance, worth, significance, usefulness, use, consequence, meaning, merit, help, profit
- (morals) moral, morals
- (denomination) denomination, quantity
- To have a good feeling about a thing or person.
- I value your help.
- To make a decision about how much is the value of a thing or of a person's work.
- They valued it at $600.
- (appreciate) appreciate, respect, esteem, treasure, cherish, regard
- (assess) assess, estimate, amount, evaluate, appraise, price, survey