Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /kənˈfɔrmɪti/
- (UK) IPA (key): /kənˈfɔːmɪti/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: con‧for‧mi‧ty
- (uncountable) Conformity is the state of being or becoming similar to other members of a group.
- In high school, students who do not exhibit a high degree of conformity are often not accepted by other students.
- Often the teaching of writing is really the teaching of social conformity: students must write like everyone else.
- (uncountable) Conformity is the state of following rules or expectations.
- The army is there to ensure conformity with the UN resolutions.