Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable); (usually plural) Statistics are numbers about information.
- New crime statistics that show the number of crimes is decreasing.
- The government published new unemployment statistics for the month of June.
- (uncountable) Statistics is the science of using and understanding those numbers.
- To do research, it's important to understand simple statistics such as averages and standard deviations.
- Statistics is a kind of mathematics.
- Also informal: stats